Protein-packed Marinara Sauce
I love recipes like this because you can make it once and eat it for days up to a week. It’s healthy, satisfying, and super easy.
- One 28-oz Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup White Wine
- Bay leaf
- Olive oil
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Cut up the sweet potatoes in 1-inch cubes. Peel and slice the carrot.
- Fill up a pot that will fit all of the cubes with water and salt the water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Put all of the sweet potatoes and carrots in the pot, bring the heat down to medium, and boil them for 15 minutes.
- Put the potatoes to the side, take a fork, and mash them until essentially the texture of mashed potatoes.
- Dice the onions and zucchini.
- In the pot, drain the water and put olive oil at the bottom. Once it’s heated up, put the garlic at the bottom of the pot to bloom, and then throw in the onions and zucchini. Saute until fragrant.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, and white wine.
- Keep on the heat for 20–30 minutes to allow the alcohol to burn off.
- You’re done! Eat it up.